Gulfside is proud to be one of the few non-profit hospice organizations in Pasco County. No one in need of care should ever be turned away because of their financial situation or lack of insurance. Reimbursements from Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance cover about 85% of the cost for our patients and families.
Gulfside Hospice Services Include:
- On-staff hospice Physicians and ARNPs who offer pain management and symptom control through home visits. Patients can also choose to continue seeing their own physician.
- Experienced Nurses whose primary concern is the patient’s physical comfort. They monitor the patient’s condition and adjust medication, as ordered.
- Interdisciplinary team on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Around-the-clock continual nursing care in times of crisis, whether at home or at a Gulfside Center for Hospice Care.
- Coordination of medical supplies, medications and durable medical equipment related to the patient’s life-limiting illness.
- Certified Nursing Assistants who help with personal care.
- Social Workers who specialize in helping patients and families live well and fully as they cope with issues surrounding a life-limiting illness.
Benefits of Palliative Care - Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious, chronic illnesses. It focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness—whatever the diagnosis. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Palliative care is provided by a team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together with a patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. It is appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness. Unlike hospice care, it can be provided along with curative treatment.
Gulfside Home Health - Helping you live better at home. Skilled home health services from Gulfside Home Health is aimed at helping anyone, young and old, recover from a surgery, injury or illness in the comfort of home. This can include a knee replacement, hip replacement, bone fracture resulting from a fall, and more. For the patient, having skilled therapies at home means you can get back to the things you love doing faster and learn new ways to keep your independence. For the caregiver, it means getting the help you need and finding solutions that fit both of your lifestyles.
1930 Land O' Lakes Blvd.
Land O' Lakes, FL 33549